Doug started his real estate career in Columbus, Ohio in 1993 with HER Realtors focusing on residential real estate. In 1997, his focus shifted to commercial and investment real estate, and in 2000, expanded his practice to include land development and site selection.
Since the start of his career, Doug has been involved in the sale of over $375,000,000 of real estate transactions. Doug practices in the areas of commercial real estate with a special emphasis and focus on brokering sites for development, where most of the sites require navigating through the entitlement, rezoning, and site planning process, and brokering investment assets.
Doug is a licensed commercial real estate agent whose focus is client-centered, and he takes the time to get to know his clients and understand their specific needs, goals, and objectives.
Doug’s experience crosses all spectrums of real estate and development - from residential to commercial and investments, office and industrial, development land, site selection, site planning, entitlements, and underperforming assets.
Doug’s primary client base primarily consists of several dozen builders, developers, and investors. A graduate of The Ohio State University with a BSBA in marketing and an emphasis in finance and real estate, Doug resides in Bexley, a suburb of Columbus, Ohio with his wife and two boys. Being a Columbus native having graduated from Bexley High School, Doug is very familiar with the Greater Columbus Metropolitan Market area.
Doug began his real estate experience in the residential side of the business enabling clients to purchase and sell homes, make residential investments ranging from single-family homes, multi-family investments, and complexes, and then began to focus more on the areas of commercial real estate in the mid-to-late 1990s. By 1999-2000, Doug started to focus on sites suitable for development. Doug has represented clients in the acquisition and sale of retail strip centers, office buildings, industrial buildings, single tenant triple net investments, sale-leasebacks, development and redevelopment sites for retail, condominium, single family, multi-family, student housing, urban infill, self-storage, assisted living, memory care, independent living, skilled nursing, and mixed-use, and other capitalized investment opportunities.
- Site Location
- Investment Analysis
- IRS Code 1031 Exchanges
- Comprehensive & Regional Planning
- Rezoning and Variances
- Capitalized Investments
- Under Performing Assets
- Portfolio Analysis
- The Entitlement Process
- Investment Strategies
- Land Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Sales and Leasing
- Site Development Analysis
- Condominium Development
- Retail Development
- Land Valuation
- Condominium Development
- Condominium Conversion
Membership & Associations
- Columbus Commercial Investment & Industrial Realtors (CCIIR)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Ohio Association of Realtors (OAR)
- Central Ohio Commercial Information Exchange (COCIE)
- Columbus Board of Realtors (CBR)
- The Building Industry Association (BIA)
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Ohio Home Builders Association (OHBA)
- Building Industry Association (BIA)
- Numerous real estate, development investment groups on LinkedIn
- 2015-2018 Ohio Association of Realtors President’s Sales Club Awards
- 2013-2014, 2021 Columbus Board of Realtors Top Producer Award
- 2010-2022 HER Realtors Top Closed Volume Sales Award
- 2010-2022 HER Realtors Top Producer Sales Award
- 2013 Twenty to Know in Commercial Real Estate in Columbus Business First