I earned an MBA from the HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL and a BBA from OHIO UNIVERSITY. Regular reading, along with commercial real estate and business skills seminars, have helped me stay current. I also taught Corporate Finance and Business Strategy courses at the university level.
I have participated in multiple commercial/industrial real estate and merger/acquisition transactions, both as a principal and as a facilitator. Alternatively representing both buyer and seller interests in real estate transactions has helped me appreciate what is required to bring conflicting points of view to successful resolution.
Before commercial real estate, I was a Management Consultant, guiding owners of medium sized and small businesses to improve the performance of their organizations. The skills in human relations, problem solving, planning, and producing results, that I honed and taught, have been directly transferrable to commercial real estate.
Earlier, I was Vice President and General Manager of a Division of a NYSE listed manufacturing corporation with 300 employees, served in a similar capacity for two smaller companies, was Vice President of Planning and Administration for a Division of another NYSE listed company, acted as a Business Broker, owned, directed and sold two small businesses and served as Vice President of a Commercial Construction Company.
AREAS WHERE I CAN PROVIDE VALUABLE ASSISTANCE:
- Selling investment/commercial/industrial properties
- Finding tenants for investment properties.
- Buying investment/commercial/industrial properties.
- Tenant Representation
- Real Estate/Financial/Marketing Consulting
- Strategic Planning
- Selling a business.
- Buying a business
FUNCTIONAL ISSUES WHERE MY EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE CAN BE PARTICULARLY HELPFUL:
- Pricing commercial real estate.
- Marketing Commercial Real Estate.
- Finding commercial real estate properties that meet your specifications.
- Cash Flow and Return on Investment analysis.
- Determining Market Value of commercial properties.
- Market Research.
- Negotiating Agreements.
- Helping define objectives and specifications.
- Tactical Planning
- Identifying and analyzing risks.
- Structuring and finding financing.
- Structuring 1031, tax deferred, exchanges
- Coordinating closing details.