Since joining Ostendorf-Morris, now Hanna Commercial, in 1984, Mr. Helms has been successful in many of the disciplines of commercial real estate. He has applied his business experience and negotiating skills primarily to selling and leasing office properties, representing office tenants and the sale of investment properties. His skills have accounted for well over $500 million of transactional value. Mr. Helms has received several National Association of Office and Industrial Properties annual “Deal of the Year” awards and is consistently a recipient of an Award of Excellence for top production within Hanna Commercial. He was the first individual to achieve both of the designations of SIOR and CCIM in Northeast Ohio.
PARTIAL LIST OF CLIENTS
Lake Hospital System, Inc., Nationwide Insurance, SouthStar Funding, K & D Properties, THI Holdings, Classic Auto Group
Anand Julka Trust, Lawyers Title , AXA Equitable Insurance, Crown Centre Office Tower, Snavely Development, Richard A. Fleischman AIA
Federated Auto Parts PYS, City of Cleveland Public Health, FirstCity Services Inc., Freightliner Corporation, New York Life Insurance, Timbercreek/Copperfield
Alltel/Windstream, Orange Professional Center, IMG Center
• Nationwide Insurance Co.- Represented Nationwide’s THI Holdings in a lease of a regional HQ for 85,000 SF
• City of Cleveland Department of Public Health - Leased 53,000 SF in 65/75 Erieview Plaza
• Lake Hospital System, Inc. - Confidential “unknown buyer” scenario - Acquired 60 acres of land,
55,000 SF administration building, and a 73,000 SF office research building for the site of a new state
of the art “all digital” hospital. Included public referendum process. $10 million in 5 parcels.
• Freightliner Corporation - Sold a 42 acre, 120,000 SF Sterling Truck Division HQ to K & D
Corporation $4 million transaction. with severe deed restrictions.
• Orange Professional Center – Leased and redeveloped 20,000 SF for Surgery Centers of America
Sold in 2007 for 8% cap at $400 / SF
• Timbercreek/Copperfield – Represented Julka Trust in purchase of two (120,000 SF) Suburban
Houston,Texas office buildings from DDRS, Boise. Closed despite financial market problems of August, 2007.
• Interstate Site Sale – Represented Snavely Development sale of 7.5 acres, $3.3 million for Classic
Auto Group new Lexus and BMW dealerships.
AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
NAIOP 2010: Nominated for
• Office Development of the Year
• Office Transaction of the Year
• Office Broker of the Year
Principia College, B.A.
Graduate Business Courses: Washington University and New York University
Over 300 hours of accreditation and certification education
Society of Industrial and Office Realtors – SIOR
Certified Commercial Investment Member - National Association of Realtors - CCIM